When I saw this photo it made me look at my life and see it in a different way. It made me realize how many freedoms I have without ever having to fight for them, but the biggest thing it showed me was how fortunate I am. In this picture we see a little black girl picking cotton to bring back to her masters. The feature that sticks most to me is the expression on the girls face. She looks as though she is unhappy and is longing to put down her basket but know what consequences will come if she does. This poor child’s eyes have the expression of a full grown adult who has worked for 60 years and is ready to retire. I chose this photo because it made me look at my life and see how much I have to be grateful for.
Image source:http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cudjoe_Abache.jpg
Image source:http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cudjoe_Abache.jpg
,+by+Keystone+View+Company+cleaned.jpeg)